Honest Boss + Iban Custom and Taboo (Gawai Trip Epi 2)

At last I reached the small town of Pantu.

It is really a super small town with one row of shops, a school and a couple of authority buildings.

Before we depart our way to the jetty, they asked me to go buy a flip flop as the water might get in the boat (what the meow?!) and the ride might get a little wet.

And so, I went to this small grocery shop and encountered this…

The boss from this place is soooo honest, he didn’t want to “cheat” my 20 cents where the lady boss insist to hike the price up for the city cat me. 😐 then, he secretly pass me the 20 cents and asked me to faster leave the shop. LOL

After that, we took a few minutes walk to the jetty..

Before embarked the journey, PA’s Papa told me about this custom the Iban people used to have..

Sometimes, I wonder why do I hire her.. LOL

Gosh the boat was super small (slim to be exact). Can only fit a person and it swings when it’s not moving. Feel like it’s gonna turn over anytime. XD Scary shit.

PA’s Papa told me a taboo while on the boat…

My Wafu Pafu still never stop trying to kill me.

The ride was alright. I was expecting to going through thick forest but logging was serious. PA’s Papa told us that in the old days, one cannot view the mountains or much of the sky with the thick tall forest but now….sigh..

Here’s the mountain we’re heading, the long house is located right by it’s foot.

To be continued.. (tomorrow or tonight. 😉 )

Coming up next: Flying boat?!

——————————————-

Woohooo!!! We’re on WWWOW award this year!!

Can you do us a favor….

Click Click!

• June 9, 2013 - 11:12 am | Permalink

Aiyo…all the trees are gone :s

I thought the crocodile would come when Wafu and Pafu called him… 😛

it didnt went into the river. not sure is coming at me or not hahah

• June 9, 2013 - 1:32 pm | Permalink

eh? you can be naik marah one ah?

Y so garang?

you have no idea.

• Nada
    June 9, 2013 - 2:10 pm | Permalink

Wa…what an honest boss.
    Even it’s 20 cents, he still give them back to you.
    Sounds scary but interesting journey.
    Can’t wait for more.

yealo 20 cents only but still give me back

• Snoopy
    June 9, 2013 - 9:00 pm | Permalink

Very rare to have an honest boss these days. Lining in Modern times, somethings have to be sacrifice.

BTW, Maio. Why did’nt U Kill that assistant of yours?? Feed him to the crocs. Burn him alive.. Grind him in the big sawmill… U’re evil emeperor Miao are U??

I need my assistant to do my work. =.=
    what for i kill my right hand.

• June 10, 2013 - 9:04 pm | Permalink

i like your assistant alot~ XDD cute~~

The boss was so kind.. is hard to find some one like him.. 😀
    20sen.. can buy a candy? XDD

Yep. Small town people really are very honest 🙂

• June 11, 2013 - 12:44 pm | Permalink

Why your assistant so cute one? can i help your assistant to splash on you?? 😀 😀

hey hey.. why u wanna splash me too. emo liao.

• Pingback: Miao & WafuPafu Comic Blog | Cuteness Overdose! » Sweet Revenge at the Longhouse (Episode 5)