Miao’s 2nd Day in Singapore.

Warning! Warning! Massive amount of images ahead!!

continued from previous post…

Surprisingly, nothing happened at night and I was able to sleep sweetly and soundly to the morning.  It was the 2nd day of the trip where we’re having a small tour in Singapore.

Link Hotel

Vernice, my breakfast and YC

Woke up 7 in the morning, I went to the nearby 24 hours mart to get my breakfast and met Nuffie Vernice and Hidden Gem winner, YC on my way back.

ChinaTown

Our first destination was the ChinaTown. It was so early that there’s hardly any cars or people around. Even the shops are all closed. Good for photo taking tho. XD

Snap Snap Snap!

There are couple of times where the car and I were waiting for each other. Hahaha…

I’m not used to the feeling of  having a car stopping for me.

ChinaTown Heritage Museum.

After a short walk around Chinatown, we were brought to this Museum inside of Chinatown. Quite an interesting museum I must say, it tells the story of when, why and how Chinese came to Singapore back in the old days.

Nice place to visit but not much stuffs to snap.

Saw this temple on our way to  meet the URA monster. I wondered why they didn’t bring us here. I think it would be a nice place to go.

URA “monster” Centre

Tada!! the URA Centre where the URA monster is kept. Its actually the Urban Redevelopment Authority Centre, something like a Museum. The centre not only tells about history but future of Singapore’s development as well.

You will be amazed on how green and well organized their city development are.

Hahaha the two kampung guys.

Its not that we never see one before but just don’t know why,  was so excited that time. XD

Lucky for us, we managed to spot the rare URA monster in the centre. 😀

Maxwell Food Court

After the small tour in the URA centre, we headed over to Maxwell Food court which is just opposite of the building for our lunch.

The lunch wasn’t that bad, I had Pork Chop Curry Rice with Omelet, Pineapple juice and Cha Kueh.

Red Dot Design Museum

We did a small walk around Maxwell  Food Court after our lunch and saw this museum around the corner.

It was all red, just like our Melaka’s Red Houses.

The entrance fee was so expensive that we didn’t went in.

On our way back, something happened…

Seriously, we did not know how to cross the road. We thought of crossing it the Malaysian’s way but we’re in Singapore. And we heard someone told us before that simply crossing the road we get ourselves fined for SGD200. @@ Though we noticed a lot of Singaporean crossing the road without care but we were still reluctant to do it.

In the end, we walked another few metres ahead and found ourselves a zebra crossing. LOL.

Another half day to come. 🙂 Hopefully you guys are not bored by my long Singapore post.

I will get back to my usual short and simple post after these SG post ya. ^^

And again sorry for my Grammar and English. 😛

• November 1, 2009 - 7:15 pm | Permalink

instead of jeng jeng jeng. i use hor hor hor!

HOR HOR HOR!

Chiuuu Chiuuuuu chiuuu

• November 1, 2009 - 7:45 pm | Permalink

Haha. How come I never heard that such rule imply in Singapore that crossing ‘un-zebra’ road will be fined?

I also not use to the cars waiting part as well~ XD

Ehh I don’t know ler.. they told me 1 XD

Weird right? for the car to stop..

• November 1, 2009 - 7:47 pm | Permalink

Completely not used to the car waiting part. My friend whacked me on the head when I waited at the side of the road. xP

And actually, Miao’s english isn’t all that bad~

It is bad… Usually I have hard time writing than drawing XD

• November 1, 2009 - 8:30 pm | Permalink

Oh miao u’re so cute haha! The fine-ing thing do applies, but only when officials are around? Haha! But then again sometimes they will appear out of nowhere! But usually Sg peeps just cross without care, its common =D

Seriously ar??
    We don’t know what to do back then…

• November 1, 2009 - 8:47 pm | Permalink

FUH! yat in drawing. SO LENG ZAI! hahahaha…xD

Yeah!! 😀

I did a drawing on Zoeyve too lol tho doesn’t really looks like her XD

• Celestialix
    November 1, 2009 - 8:48 pm | Permalink

lol..Singaporean here. =D

if you jaywalk, the max is fined probably 20 bucks only.
    Depends on where you jaywalk also. If in those bus interchange, then it can go up to 2k!!
    But the chance of getting caught jaywalking is like 0.0000000001% unless you jaywalk right in front of a police station…

and the cars must stop for you at pedestrian crossings or they will kena. Can take down plate number and complain XDXD

I’ve been to Malaysia and at the zebra crossing…i could barely cross cause all heck care and just zoom past <_ < cute post btw ^^ Reply:
    Wahhh the chance is so low ar.. I should have jaywalked..
    We walk super duper far for the pedestrian crossings..

Hahaha here the zebra crossings are for decoration purposes only hahah

• November 1, 2009 - 8:50 pm | Permalink

i see me! 🙂 no cartoon version? hmm..jkjk XP
    lol..Ya! the door in URA! XD
    we were really like ‘rusa masuk kampung’ but i think we were ‘rusa masuk bandar’. lol…

Wahahaha there will be.. in my coming Chiuu Chiuuu post wahahaha
    Cartoon Chingy also got 😀

Yealo yealo.. XD
    can’t wait to see the photos from Yat

• November 1, 2009 - 9:22 pm | Permalink

OMG u are like a baby when in SG…wahahaha… i like how the temple look like…look like very “high class” style…

Its magnificent 😀 Stand out among the urban buildings.

• November 1, 2009 - 9:43 pm | Permalink

Wah.. if they use such rule in malaysia, i will want to be a police traffic next time. 😛 Get more than 200bucks a day man…

By right, you’re not suppose to keep them in your pocket

• November 1, 2009 - 9:49 pm | Permalink

hahaha.. when msia also car wait us cross road ar, sun fall down liao haha.

eh, u write more difficult than draw ar, draw more lah LOL

Hahaha yealo..

writing is hard >.<

• November 1, 2009 - 10:24 pm | Permalink

lol, how if there’s no zebra crossing eh? or its super far far away? ehhmmm

That happened!
    We end up walking very far for one.

• November 1, 2009 - 11:09 pm | Permalink

Haha.. the part about the automated door is so cute! Guess you enjoy your trip! I want to see more posts! haha..

Will try to prepare the next post. 🙂

• November 1, 2009 - 11:15 pm | Permalink

URA monsterrrrrrrr! *Chiuu Chiuu*

*Dodge Dodge*

Chiuuuu

• November 1, 2009 - 11:17 pm | Permalink

Lols. \

In SG, Car v pedestrian. Pedestrian wins.

If cars hits pedestrian. Most of the time is car’s fault.
    That’s why car drivers rather wait =Ps.

Anyway i think even if u jaywalked infront of the police station they also don’t care one. Unless they are traffic police =Ps.

anyway did ur visit 7 Fu gong? some chinese temple which is very famous that is situated at bugis area.

No wor.. the only place we visit in Bugis is MOS burger hahahaha XD

• November 1, 2009 - 11:17 pm | Permalink

OMG..MY PHOTO!! T______________T
    so ugly! hahahaha!

I remember the automated door that almost hit me on the face..xD

Hahaha paiseh 😛
    Hmm they should put a notice there saying its open towards you >.<

• November 1, 2009 - 11:35 pm | Permalink

chiu chiu chiuu..chiu..chiu..

*Hides*
    Chiuuu chiuuuu

• November 2, 2009 - 4:09 am | Permalink

HAHAHA…really kampung guys. Malaysia oso got automated doors mar.

Actually, I oso very scared when go around Singapore. Always worry this cannot, that cannot. sikit sikit kena saman pulak.

Same here we also afraid we might break any rules without realizing it.

• November 2, 2009 - 7:24 am | Permalink

omg hahahahahah so farnie XD

Hahaha thanks ^^

• November 2, 2009 - 8:23 am | Permalink

hahahah same here in japan…cars let ppl go first wor…..so not used to it hahahaha….and many doors here also automatic one ahhaah even toilet also got wash ur pet pet one wor…and the seat open automatically wen u close the door…first time wen i went in, i got scared and keep searching for where the sound came from…waakakakakaka…….one time got a singaporean ask me can simply cross road in msia ar wen she came…of course lar……hahahaah

Can even jump and dance on the road.. as long as you don’t get knock over haha

• November 2, 2009 - 12:41 pm | Permalink

cars here accelerate when they see me trying to cross the road. lol.

wahahahaha some more with hons right?

• Niki
    November 2, 2009 - 3:09 pm | Permalink

I like the URA “Monster” Centre.

URAAAA RAWR!

• firts
    November 2, 2009 - 3:23 pm | Permalink

Interesting on road crossing / zebra crossing notes..
    LOL

Remember I have been to Interlaken-switzerland, I just stopped on roadside while lookind @ street map & the cars will stop automatically waiting for me to cross the road…

LOL thats funny XD
    over here in Malaysia, they will accelerate and honk when they saw you on the roadside.

• Porcupine
    November 3, 2009 - 5:41 pm | Permalink

Ahahahahahaha…
    Getting amused by the automated doors!
    Happened to me in Japan too…

I heard there’s automated taxis doors too, right?

• November 3, 2009 - 10:03 pm | Permalink

Yatz looks cute!! 🙂 hehe.
    the automatic door… lol. nearly bumped on it too. ;P

Same here >.< We almost bumped into it too

• slayergurl
    November 4, 2009 - 2:02 am | Permalink

haha. i’m a singaporean. hmm, i haven heard of anyone who got fined crossing the road without traffic lights/zebra crossing yet. haha. i guess singapore is really famous for being a “fine city” that people get the perception that they’ll get fined for doing any minor wrong thing. haha. =x

p.s. interestingly, don’t noe if u noticed, the north-east line mass rapid transit (MRT) trains have a sign that says “No Durain” but therez no fine amount. and oh yah, we have a new rule on mrt where we can’t drink any drink on trains!! –> the mrt ppl will really catch ppl who r drinking and fine them. yah, i noe it sounds contradicting as we have a “no eating/drinking” sign alr in place in mrt. i guess tt sign did not have any effect such that they r now enforcing the “no drink” rule strictly. hope i din confuse u! (=

so much bout the fines and rules.. haha.. hope u had enjoyed ur stay in singapore! =D

Thanks for enlighten me up ^^
    The stay? It was great ~~~

• November 4, 2009 - 3:15 pm | Permalink

: D hahahahahahaha
    I like the automated door illustration.

Haha why so?

• November 4, 2009 - 4:00 pm | Permalink

you got to suit yourself with a lot of things.. haha
    it really different there, i guess need to learn more about
    Singapore too.. never been there and need to be there at least one.. 😀

Its a nice place to visit..
    😀
    Its pretty and clean~~

• November 5, 2009 - 7:19 am | Permalink

Huiyo, proves that singaporeans are more civilised than malaysians T_T

Yeah kinda ^^”

• MisaMisa
    November 5, 2009 - 7:20 am | Permalink

Ur comic blog is so cute,funny & interesting such that grammar does not matter at all. =X

p/s: but if u need help, i’ll be more than happy to do so XD

Well thank you ^^ hehe

• November 5, 2009 - 7:21 am | Permalink

Lol, so true about the traffic part! I in M’sia actually only dare cross during red lights! Green light the drivers seem damn scary

very scary indeed. >.<

• Hikki Chan
    November 5, 2009 - 9:08 pm | Permalink

lol in KK ppl juz cross the road like there is this “my father’s road” thoughts in their head =.=…. even if the sky bridge is juz few meters away they will still jaywalked.

Hahaha Malaysian ma ^^

• November 5, 2009 - 10:43 pm | Permalink

Just look around before crossing. Don’t cross right in front of a traffic police. (they wear white top and black pants.) Love your blog. Nice drawings.

What happened if they’re in disguise? >.< Like a tree or a post box 😀

• blury
    November 13, 2009 - 1:32 pm | Permalink

hee… you are so funny. haa…

hehehe 😛

• November 30, 2009 - 9:32 pm | Permalink

my uncle from singapore was so angry when he was on melaka because the car won”t stop for him and he said he will never come here ever again(sob).

Hahaha welcome to Malaysia.. 😛
    They never stops for people..
    so do the people.. they never stop for cars XD

• January 13, 2010 - 9:13 pm | Permalink