My Colleague found my Facebook

The other day, I saw my colleague’s name (the one who spread the news that I dance) on my Facebook friend request list. I was OMCGBBQSAUCE surprise as I never put my real photo as my main profile picture and not even my full name.

It is like a big taboo to add her, if I do, the whole office will found out that I blog @@ !!

(P/S: they don’t read newspaper, or at least theStar as no one found out about the newspaper article that I was on yet)

So instead of clicking “Ignore” on the request (which I think its bad) I just pretend I didn’t notice bout the friend request… XD

but but…

but that doesn’t stop her from bugging me every single time I see her in the office. T3T

Help~~~

Do you guys add your colleagues on Facebook?

• November 23, 2011 - 8:20 am | Permalink

Personally I only add as friends people who are friends in the first place.

Co-workers are co-workers. We talk a little, gossip a little. But unless I go out with them on outings, to have a drink, or chat more deeply about personal life issues, they will likely just remain as colleagues and not exactly a friend friend.

hahaah exactly XD

• Nada
    November 23, 2011 - 8:21 am | Permalink

First time commenting. ^___^.
    Yes, I had. But later I unfriend her. Since I want to talk badly about her on facebook.

hahahha XD

• November 23, 2011 - 8:34 am | Permalink

Poor miao.

Yeah I have colleagues adding me but I put some of them on restricted profile, meaning to say they wont see any statuses /photos i updated at all.

πŸ˜€

Oh
    I only know such setting exist XD

• November 23, 2011 - 8:46 am | Permalink

Add your colleagues to a list and then restrict them off from many many things. πŸ˜€ Haha if that’s the last choice you have, that’s what facebook’s privacy is all about.

That’s cool πŸ˜€

• November 23, 2011 - 8:46 am | Permalink

I had this situation before but i just pretend the friend request never appear.

I’m evil enough to Ignore the request :p

I’m bad huh .. haha

hahaha evil XD

• DT
    November 23, 2011 - 8:50 am | Permalink

Ah yes.. I add my colleagues in my Facebook, but only those close one.. Some are friends at work.. Some are just colleagues.. XD

Ya I only add close one too πŸ˜›

• November 23, 2011 - 8:54 am | Permalink

I add but I put them in a special group muahahahahaha.

The foreveralone group? XD

• November 23, 2011 - 9:03 am | Permalink

Adding colleagues on any social network is a NO NO :p

Big no no XD

• November 23, 2011 - 9:08 am | Permalink

Yup, i added them in fb.. but set some privacy for fb posts *just in case*
    Yea, I think you can set privacy on ur Info page, block the colleague from viewing some info in your profile… *HOHOHO I AM A GENIUS*

Oh hail the genius!
    *copy down the tips*

• FF
    November 23, 2011 - 9:10 am | Permalink

i will say NO. its difficult to badmouthing bout boss/colleagues when you had the urge to spill it out. hehehe. keep ur FB to ur close fren only.

Especially when the twitter is connected to FB XD

• monk3y
    November 23, 2011 - 9:12 am | Permalink

I’m so glad that my colleague not even ask to add my facebook haha. We have our own privacy…XD

Awesome colleagues!

• November 23, 2011 - 9:19 am | Permalink

miao, u said u never put ur real photo or ur full name..how come she can find ur fb? be carefull miao, maybe she already found ur blog n maybe she is reading this post right now…hahaha

Well, although my FB is my other name but the address to my FB acc is my initial to my fullname. :/

• zephy
    November 23, 2011 - 9:21 am | Permalink

put under “restricted”

πŸ˜€ will do that

• ka6
    November 23, 2011 - 9:21 am | Permalink

Use Google +, hehehe.

the win! hahahha

• November 23, 2011 - 9:26 am | Permalink

No, I don’t add them in FB because how I behave at work and outside of work is different. I don’t want them to see my true colors. hehehe

Different person when work and outside eh?

• November 23, 2011 - 9:31 am | Permalink

I do approve all their add. You set everything your view first before approving her and then listed her in a group that you don’t want them to see your album/personal information etc. Then, in every album or information you just click the custom button and write down the group list in the block column and click save! I always do that :3

p.s. Ms Flower looks irritating & noisy to me lol.

Will do that πŸ˜€
    Hahahahah XD Irritating and noisy

• November 23, 2011 - 9:49 am | Permalink

I did add my colleagues and boss in FB, but I don’t worry because my colleagues knew me go out with my Deaf friends mostly. Hearing and Deaf are different. They don’t know Deaf culture, that’s why they curious and ask me how sign language.

And they knew me help Deaf society on many times because I involved in Deaf community onli πŸ™‚

Ouuu..
    that;s cool πŸ˜€

• November 23, 2011 - 9:54 am | Permalink

Well yes, but the moment my boss added me in FB…I deactivated the account πŸ˜›

don’t~~ go unfriend him XD hahahah

• Wei Kwan
    November 23, 2011 - 10:17 am | Permalink

ooo.. Never add colleagues on FB unless u’re rly close 2 them. If post sumting bout office stuff on FB, next day sure kena tembak 1.

True true XD

• November 23, 2011 - 10:20 am | Permalink

I think she is interested in you…… go on…. dun be shy πŸ˜‰

Impossiburu
    and I don’t want huhuhu even she is
    LOL

• grub
    November 23, 2011 - 10:27 am | Permalink

hahaha so many interesting comments and suggestions!

another +1 reason for me not to get fb ehehehe

Reply;
    True xD and I enjoy reading all of them! XD

• Sam
    November 23, 2011 - 10:43 am | Permalink

i dun add colleagues 1 lor… they will find out I always goofing at FB during working hours XD

just that some of my colleagues and I were already friends back den, so only those hav my fb lols

add her den block her? or keep ignoring her everytime she bug u =/

I ignore most of the time XD hahaha

• Ezequiel
    November 23, 2011 - 12:00 pm | Permalink

OMFG how on the earth did she know its YOU aka MIAO???? so kelian ==”

i am actually picky and fussy in accepting friends…as long as they are good to me and never do me any harm, i will accept them unless those who likes to bring personal matters unto office politic, i will never accept…

She doesn’t. My FB is not miao XD
    not even my name in the office XD

I once unfriend a colleague when she brought work matters to me during off work hours on FB. :/

• November 23, 2011 - 12:22 pm | Permalink

yeah yeah.. keep your colleagues away from your social live.. wakakakakaka

hahaha yeah XD

• November 23, 2011 - 12:38 pm | Permalink

haha.. no i dont add my colleagues on FB.. not even one..
    the reason – same as yours – i dont want them to know about my blogging activities πŸ˜›

They will found it out sooner or later lor XD

• ShinKaiZen
    November 23, 2011 - 1:02 pm | Permalink

Colleague is no problem… but BOSS… never in a lifetime!

unless its not your direct boss XD

• November 23, 2011 - 1:08 pm | Permalink

i do add my colleagues, or to be exact, my labmates! cos we hang out together. and it’s okay if they know about my bloggie, just that don’t read it in lab, cos it’s pretty embarrassing and awkward :S

That’s fine, already friends XD
    hahahha true true XD

• farah
    November 23, 2011 - 1:47 pm | Permalink

the colleagues dat I added were my closest fren at work. I never go on on a adding fren frenzy and I’m very picky on who I added. so….for ‘miss lalang’ at d office…damn sure she’ll never be added…muahahhaha

wahahaha XD
    same here but I do add my readers tho ^^”

• November 23, 2011 - 2:24 pm | Permalink

I dare not add because it’d involve treading in the water more carefully. Plus, unless it’s a super close friend, there’s no need to let the office know the after-office hour me. πŸ˜›
    Thankfully, my colleagues weren’t like yours… πŸ˜›

True XD hahahaha

• November 23, 2011 - 2:29 pm | Permalink

1) add… deactivate… wen asks said u’re being stalked… quietly reactivate… remove & block… wahahahha…

2) add & put in a restricted group…

Either one , she will bug XD
    3)remove my FB wahhaha

• Seungie
    November 23, 2011 - 3:25 pm | Permalink

Oh gosh. Now she’s haunting you. How come she knows so much about you? You sure she’s not stalking you? Who knows if she actually has feeling for you? πŸ˜›

Anyway, just ignore her, speak up about your right. It’s your account anyway, you can do anything you want with it. Don’t let people bully you ok?

As for me, I only add people that I am familiar with and will do me no harm on fb. There was this ex-colleague from my internship days that added me on fb but up until now the request is still kept safely in the friend request section πŸ˜› If I were you, I definitely will not accept her request. If she keeps bugging me at office I will just ignore her softly. (Smile and said you’re busy, change the topic everytime she brings up the facebook thing) This is my style. I am quite heartless when it comes to annoying people πŸ˜›

Go Miao!!!

Hahaha impossibru XD
    We’re the fire and water in the office..

Hahaha i always change topic one XD

Eh go where?

• reese
    November 23, 2011 - 4:53 pm | Permalink

wa..i hv a feeling she is interested in u le…else why so san san fu fu find u on FB watever.lol..u hv a stalker !!! congratz !

Btw,is ur BD falls on January ?

No lo.. She’s just too free =.=
    Not like our department do till wanna die
    Ehh no wor.. why?

• November 23, 2011 - 4:59 pm | Permalink

how did she know its you on FB???

*she knows too much*

*takes out knife*

Wooohoo
    Go go my yound padawan XD

• November 23, 2011 - 5:53 pm | Permalink

She likes you~ :p

Anyway, I added my colleagues (not those irritating ones) but need to restrict my posts if I don’t want them to see.. XD

Definitely not

Hahaha create a twitter and tweet ther XD

• celine
    November 23, 2011 - 7:29 pm | Permalink

you can still add her. but you can add her to a special group that you don’t want your statuses/post to be seen them.

I did that 😑 because I don’t want them to find out i do 😑

hahha same as me eh XD
    so what do you do? πŸ˜›

• November 23, 2011 - 8:25 pm | Permalink

I did. For I have nothing much to hide~ lol

Salute! XD

• jasper-casper
    November 23, 2011 - 9:08 pm | Permalink

Yea~~~
    I do add my colleagues in FB but never my boss into it~~
    Dont want them to know what we do at our ‘free time’

hahhaha although I don’t add my boss but my boss also like his privacy secret. so he never asks bout ours XD

• November 23, 2011 - 9:45 pm | Permalink

Add them, but immediately put them in the Restricted list. That way, they won’t be able to see things you don’t want them to see πŸ˜€

She will still comes and bugs T3T

• mying
    November 23, 2011 - 9:46 pm | Permalink

aiyoh… wat if she sees this post? then u ma die?

Won’t XD
    When it’s posted, its too late adi for her to complain later…
    thats why I faster post all the office stories before I’m found XD

• November 23, 2011 - 9:59 pm | Permalink

Never accept the request Miao. That’s a suicide trap!!!! We don’t want you to kill your blogging career. T-T *exaggerating* Hahahaha

hahahahaha XD
    accept = the death click

• trebor
    November 24, 2011 - 8:45 am | Permalink

I used to add them and now I deactivated my account because of the number of previously tagged pictures that I have to remove manually (I hope FB had option to mass untagged pictures).

I agree with the others who suggest restricting your profile. I’m also planning to do that once I reactivate my account. Just don’t have time for now, busy working (and applying to another company, hehe)

Anyway, good luck on your colleague! You know, opposite poles do attract each other… *evil grin*

I also wanna mass untagged the photos!!
    Don’t worry I won’t attracted XD

• November 24, 2011 - 10:31 am | Permalink

sometimes i will accept are friend request from my old colleague friend..and sometime i will reject because i even don’t not know them but they know…me who i am…so its up to you want to accept it or reject lah….

Some how I accept my readers more than my colleagues LOL

• November 24, 2011 - 11:08 am | Permalink

Yes, I do add colleagues but close one. Just have to be aware not to do something very “obvious” in FB during working hours like upload tonnes of photos. Bottom line is: DO NOT ADD THE BOSS!! XD

Yes!! Never add the boss!

• vivian
    November 24, 2011 - 12:41 pm | Permalink

recently i just add my colleague to my fb but after read your post, i thinking whether i make the wrong decision to add them.. anyway i think is still ok for me to add but this is the different story for you as you don want people to find out your blog..

Yep. πŸ˜€ Different scenario unless you have a secret identity to hide XD

• November 24, 2011 - 12:58 pm | Permalink

Oh. I got two facebook accounts.

My first one is public, anyone can add. no pictures or personal life is exposes. (mostly use for gaming purpose…. hehehehe)

My second one is private account. only for friends and family members. with lots of picture and personal life experince……heheheheheheheh)

Wahhh two accounts @@

• November 24, 2011 - 1:01 pm | Permalink

continue from previous post…..
    normally my colleagues i’ll give my public profile account………… hehheheheh ( for those i not closed with……)

The empty one eh?

• November 24, 2011 - 2:56 pm | Permalink

just direct tell her:” I don’t add colleague.”

Problem solved! Like a BOSS!

by the way, r u 9gager?

Was a 4-chaner XD

• November 24, 2011 - 5:09 pm | Permalink

let them burn in purgatory!

I know right hahaha

• November 24, 2011 - 9:01 pm | Permalink

i add them and some of them add me, if you really fell uncomfortable then just tell them lo…or approve d…go to acc setting set privacy (just selected friends) can view your info and pictures lo….easy…then you wont die young (murdered by your colleague #cekik style) i still wanna read your post…=D

hahahaha easy, just kill her instead LOL

• November 24, 2011 - 9:44 pm | Permalink

Haha, the dilemma… I add colleagues, but only those I have actually socialised with. Up till now I am still “safe”, no annoying colleagues or boss has tried to add me! πŸ˜› But I think I would put them in a group, and restrict their view of my page…I already do that for some online “friends”. There are a lot of privacy settings on Facebook, but they’re not very easy to use :/

Or else…you could just say, “I never open my Facebook, wait till I open it then I will add you…maybe next year?” >:D

I did that exactly!!
    “I seldom on Facebook, wait when i login i add k”