Sarawak Trip 3: I Ate a Worm

Continue from  Sarawak Trip: Part 1 | 2

This is my mission location!

Sibu Central market is the largest market in Sarawak with over thousand of stalls.

It’s very happening and operates from early morning till evening daily.

It’s kinda competitive too with so many stalls together. There are many interesting things to find there.

First, chickens XD wrapped with papers. This put them in place and less painful for them compare to directly tied up with strings.

Then we have ferns! This is Paku, you can get this in Peninsular Malaysia.

And this is Midin, which the locals pronounced as Bilin. It’s only can be found in Borneo.

I’m not a vege person but i love this a lot. It’s super crunchy.

You can find all sorts of exotic fruits too. There’s this brown color coconut looking fruit which turns out to be a local wild mango thingy. I forgot to take a photo of that.

Oh oh, I found this super cute pink fruit. I bought it and it’s like cream inside, it’s white and very mushy.

Some of the fruits look familiar but actually different.

This is Mountain Durians. Looks kinda like durian; the torns are slimmer and softer.

The inside looks like durian too but i heard it tasted a bit like cempedak.

I didn’t manage to try. No kaki to share it.

And not forgetting this awesome fat worms. The famous Sago Worms. It’s a delicacies here in Sarawak.

As a Sarawakian, I have been searching high and low for this as I wanted to try it badly. Rumors said it is the best worm to eat ever and so I..

I think this is my first time eating something so raw.

Feeling a bit bad , I went to the temple nearby..

to take photos of it. I’m not Taoist, so I didn’t pray.

I was trying to get up the Pagoda of the oldest temple in Sibu but unfortunately, it was closed.

The temple located next to the river.. and I found something very interesting.

It’s a ship that transport cargoes and groceries to Kapit as there’s no road to the town. It looks like a grocery shop on a ship right? There’s actually people staying in the ship.

Alright ending my Sibu with some normal food to wash off the worm image in your mind.

Kampua again!! I love you kampua.

I love Roti Pisang too.

Halal Kolok Mee!! 😀 The noodles is good but I’m allergy to beef.

—————————————————–

Before we ends Sibu Trip. Please….

VOTE VOTE

1. Click on the link.

2. Sign in via Facebook or Twitter or Google+

3. Go search button, Search “akiraceo”

4. Press “Vote

5. Repeat everyday when you wake up hahahaaha *thick face cat*

THANK YOU!!!! > v < You’re the BEST!!!

Why vote?

If we manage to win, it will be the greatest gift for our 8 years anniversary.

OMG I freaking draw 8 years of Miao. Crazy arhhh.

—————————————————–

—————————————————–

On the next post on Sarawak Trip:

Miao to the Industrial town of Bintulu.

—————————————————–

• April 13, 2014 - 9:18 pm | Permalink

HAHAH! I haven’t post about the our haunted story till now! The mood isn’t there.

• TimmY
    April 13, 2014 - 9:31 pm | Permalink

Yea. Bintulu. Can’t wait. ^_^

• April 13, 2014 - 11:41 pm | Permalink

Finally u found ur long lost worms… but u ate them… XD

• Nada
    April 14, 2014 - 9:21 am | Permalink

Wow…so many interesting food.
    But uh…the video…=,=”
    Oh, ooo…the haunted post next

• diaz
    April 14, 2014 - 7:30 pm | Permalink

you gonna end up being a fat cat you know..XD…..makan 24/7…… you definitely got my vote bro…keep up the good work….awesome :3 can’t wait on the next episode …

• Anthony
    April 14, 2014 - 10:25 pm | Permalink

Voted for you Meow. Btw, I jelly!!! Especially on all those Sibu food you had!!! T.T

• cara
    April 14, 2014 - 11:17 pm | Permalink

Cute! I am in the USA and my hubby is from Sarikei. I love showing the kids the pics. Can’t wait to see Sarikei and visit next year again. Who does not love Midin? It’s my favorite. keep it up!

• apiqhanis
    April 15, 2014 - 12:11 am | Permalink

which stall have that halal kolo mee? never seen it before eventhough I am Sibu people. hahahaha XD

• May 5, 2014 - 9:34 am | Permalink

got got. it’s near the shangyang tower. there’s a row of kopitiams with muslim stalls 😀

• April 15, 2014 - 5:08 pm | Permalink

HAHAHAHAHAHA… OMG !! I’m so gonna watch it and vote for you when I got my bandwidth back !!!! now my line like Jaring speed.. if you know what i mean…. T___T

• April 17, 2014 - 2:52 pm | Permalink

Voted =D All the best Jian! Support you all the way!! And yeah ghost story pls!!

• April 22, 2014 - 8:48 pm | Permalink

dude… you can eat that sago worm or the locals call it “ulat mulong” at the sunday market in kuching… i decide not to eat that… i will do it when im ready for it…

• mayoooo
    May 3, 2014 - 8:57 am | Permalink

I went sibu last year and saw the worms too… didn’t know you can eat them raw?! Didn’t know there was a temple too… In fact not very sure what to do there at sibu at all haha! Love the mee tho :3

• May 5, 2014 - 9:54 am | Permalink

hahaha Sibu town nice for street photography and eat the food is very different from other parts of Sarawak.

• Pingback: Miao & WafuPafu Comic Blog | Cuteness Overdose! » Sarawak Roadtrip 3.5: Mukah to Bintulu

• Pingback: Miao & WafuPafu Comic Blog | Cuteness Overdose! » Miao invaded the country, Brunei Darussalam

• Pingback: Miao & WafuPafu Comic Blog | Cuteness Overdose! » My Last Stop of My Roadtrip across Sarawak! Limbang!

• Pingback: Miao & WafuPafu Comic Blog | Cuteness Overdose! » Sarawak Roadtrip 4.0: Miri! Why you demolish all your buildings?