“Snack”, anyone? Yum..

What? Snake and Snack does sound quite similar ler. And we do have snake meat here, RM30 per KG, tho I have not eaten before and it’s very rare too. It’s available only when they happened to encounter it in their farms or resident areas.

I really misheard when I was hanging out with Maru and Rokku the other day in KL. They were so shocked. Hahah.

Okay. I think I’m scaring my friends away from visiting me. Hahah

By the way, how adventurous are you in food? What’s the most adventurous/exotic you have tried or going to try?

For me, so far I have tried fried crickets, fried pupae, fried mealworm, pig brains, ants egg in Thailand. I wanted to try Sago worms badly. I heard it’s good and as a Sarawakian, I must at least try once. XD

………………….

Honestly, beside exotic food, we do have so called normal food and unique one too. hahah don’t be scared. You can check out this list I made. I think useful for anyone who is coming to Kuching. What’s so interesting about our food is it is totally different from those Peninsular.

:: Kuching Food Guide Pdf Donwload ::

I will blog about the food later after Raya.  😉

Now I wanna play a game… please click “read more” to start the game.

Here’s a pic of snake meat cooked with herbs.

Photo courtesy of  Sarawakianaii Blog

And here’s the Sago worms. 😀

Photo courtesy of NicoleKiss

You are trapped in a room for days without food and these are the two food offered.

So Snake or “Snack”?  If you have to choose one.  XD

• July 25, 2013 - 1:47 pm | Permalink

I tried fried worn in Thailand before. Heard got sell snake meat in Miri area. Sago is nice but not sago worm. ^^

• July 25, 2013 - 2:06 pm | Permalink

I want Sarawak Laksa and Kolok Mee when I’m there. No snake or worms, ok?

• July 25, 2013 - 4:48 pm | Permalink

Ini tour guide…dangerous T-T haha

• July 25, 2013 - 5:15 pm | Permalink

I only eat “Normal” food. Do not dare to eat those bugs when I was in Myanmar. They say will Lao Sai…><

• July 25, 2013 - 9:39 pm | Permalink

I want to try snake!! Hehe…

But I definitely don’t want sago worms. Especially since they are eaten alive…so geli, they can move in your mouth!

I’ve eaten snails (escargots) and sheep’s brain (haggis) before, so I think I can be considered quite adventurous. But I don’t want to eat bugs…somehow I associate them with dirtiness.

• July 29, 2013 - 11:16 pm | Permalink

you can cook them ar 😛
      no need to eat raw also can.

sago worm is clean that’s why it’s famous heheeh
      it eats only sago and stays inside sago tree since small.

• July 25, 2013 - 9:48 pm | Permalink

Having seem those in years *run away*

• baebeh
    July 25, 2013 - 9:54 pm | Permalink

lol!!!!!!! definitely SNAKE! 😀

• July 29, 2013 - 11:17 pm | Permalink

hahahah why???

what if snake taste weird, worm taste like very delicious thing u ever taste before.. which 1 you choose?

• Nada
    July 25, 2013 - 10:00 pm | Permalink

No, never try and never thought to.
    If it’s me, I’m sure I’ll scared to visit Sarawak then. XD

• Vera Soo
    July 25, 2013 - 10:45 pm | Permalink

Fried sago worm is nice. Crispy on the outside, milky in the inside. Just chew on it’s body & avoid the head.
    *Warning: If you have high blood cholesterol, don’t dare more than 1. Not encourage to eat often. It’s actually found & sold here in Klang Valley. Heard, there are some local supplies from some local plantations.

Never been to Sabah, never been overseas LOL. Would def. love to visit the place esp. to try the “fermented fish dishes” 🙂 & “only in Sabah/Sarawak” fruits.

The most adventurous food I’ve ate are…
    Bats, Wild Deer, Raw Octopus, Wildboar, Ostrich, Cactus
    (these are pretty common in some countries)

Tasted insects before, but don’t fancy it’s taste or smell. Those black ants are actually pretty dangerous esp. it’s head part which contains some toxin chemicals usually meant to numb it’s victim from it’s bite.

• July 29, 2013 - 11:19 pm | Permalink

woahhh
      cactus sounds interesting to me 😀 hohoho

about the Borneo fruits. most of them are sour XD
      but some very unique in texture.

woah.. i heard those white/green ants taste nice like butter.

• Vera Soo
        August 5, 2013 - 8:21 pm | Permalink

By the way, your pdf link – the file is corrupted/damaged. Sila load sekali lagi!

• Daniel Ho
    July 25, 2013 - 11:32 pm | Permalink

If I had to choose one I will choose the snake meat, the sago worms, just by looking at it gives me goosebumps.. >~<

• July 26, 2013 - 2:12 pm | Permalink

I have eaten fried crickets and maggots in Thailand and ate ‘Balut’ in Philippines. Balut was actually nice except when you bite on the foetus. Bleargh!

As for your game, I would rather eat the snake, it looks good. =P

• July 29, 2013 - 11:22 pm | Permalink

i posted the wrong picture.
      now everyone choose snake. hahaha

woahh you’re adventurous! 😀
      yea, i heard balut is nice too just that the feather and stuff.

• kayy
    July 28, 2013 - 12:36 pm | Permalink

YERRR… why r u so obsessed with sago worms latelyyy!!
    yiak yiak *shrugs*
    cannot even look at them properly not to say MAKANNNNN

• July 28, 2013 - 9:41 pm | Permalink

i would like to try snake meat and also fried crickets~~.. -w-… seems yummy~

• July 29, 2013 - 11:26 pm | Permalink

try grasshoppers i heard it tasted better than crickets

• liya_helia
        July 30, 2013 - 9:46 am | Permalink

my uncle try fried grasshoppers once in Thailand and he told me that it tasted like fried chicken skin… XDD

• August 2, 2013 - 11:14 am | Permalink

i have not try yet but i heard grasshoppers one of the nicest among insects XD

• pixielot
    July 29, 2013 - 9:33 pm | Permalink

Should intro them stir fried lizard, horse shoe crab eggs, raw fish coleslaw and many more … XD

• July 29, 2013 - 11:30 pm | Permalink

wait stir fried lizard??
      never heard of that !!

the rest shall put in list XD
      we have those in Kuching?

I know Kapit has lots of exotic food

• July 30, 2013 - 1:19 pm | Permalink

Miao eats sago worm one meh? 😡

• comet
    August 5, 2013 - 9:34 pm | Permalink

Zhangg !!!! nobody say that anymore la..Say ‘Kanji b’ now…