The Cause of Doom’s Day

I get these kinda of calls very often from this UxB Bank. They always call up and offer their insurance plan etc. And what they like to do is bombard you non stop and continuously with the information without changing their breath. >.<

And most of the time you don’t even get the chance to speak a word. There was this time when this girl promoter rapped like Eminem and I couldn’t get to say anything. When she finished explaining, I rejected the offer. When she heard the word “Not interested”, she hang up on me. WTM!! Damn rude!!

Anyone who is working in this line, if you don’t wanna waste your time, do give us a second to say “No” and save your time and energy. If you insist on sharing the info, don’t just hang up on us if we rejected your offer. Don’t blame us for your crapping promoting skills or  the lousy plan offered but instead please say thank you to us for wasting our time. :P

Then again, we all have only 29 days to go..

Before the world ends, do vote for me on this comic contest. :P

Comment All the Way~~

Purr

• November 22, 2012 - 10:47 am | Permalink

Yeah!!! hated it!! I always get this call from my bank as well. bought two from them already! if i end up buying every single shit, all my salary gone la! zzzz bloody hate it and they are quite rude at some point

wahh u bought them O_O
    I accidentally bought once, now no more

• November 22, 2012 - 10:55 am | Permalink

ubeeeeer hate. But I guess, they are doing their jobs too. But so far, none of the people calling me is rude. And they do say thanks for my time. But I’ve never got a call from the UxB bank though… probably coz I don’t have account with them.. lol

ya i understand but hang up on ppl is just too rude :(

• November 22, 2012 - 10:56 am | Permalink

She hung up str8 on you? Now that’s really rude! I have people from Chartis Insurance calling me from time to time in offering me their insurance plans, but when I rejected them after long explanation, they usually reply in ‘thank you sir for your time’. Now that’s polite.

Even if a customer doesn’t sign up with you now doesn’t mean they won’t in the future, so no harm being polite innit? Some ppl these days… *shakes head*

Yealo >.<
    I encountered quite a number, this is the first one to hang up on me after i reject her offer.

• November 22, 2012 - 10:57 am | Permalink

I got these a lot, and I’m just answer them “Not interested, thank you, bye.” and hang up while they are rapping. XD
    I am so kind even saying “Thank you” to them! haha
    We are customers after all, we don’t have to be kind and let them finish their words…

wahh no need so ganas wei XD

• Nada
    November 22, 2012 - 10:59 am | Permalink

Yup. Really hate it when insurance people call to promote the plan. Sometime I’m afraid to pick up calls when its unrecognized number. Later I will google up the number, and it turns out they really from banks trying to promote insurance. Feel sorry to the insurance people too but we’re not interested, so…please don’t call me anymore. XD

gosh, what if it’s something important?

• November 22, 2012 - 11:11 am | Permalink

next time, u hang up 1st! :D

Cannot. then i will be the same like that fella

• PolarBear
    November 22, 2012 - 11:26 am | Permalink

what will you do if its not happening? we are betting our lives here for some silly predictions.

Whether it’s happening or not happening doesn’t really matters.
    We are not God, we won’t know what will happen that day, any day or even tomorrow.
    The things that matters is what we’re doing right now is worthy or not.

Will we regret spending our life doing the things right now if we found out with have a year, 5 years or 15 years of lifespan.
    Will we regret for not doing the things we like, not spending more time with our family and friends, not confessing to your love, not chasing your dream.

When people asked me whether I believe it or not. I told them I don’t care much bout it but treat it as a reminder that life is unpredictable, and to live my life to the fullest, and do things that I will regret if I don’t do them.

It doesn’t mean to do things blindly. Spending all your money and everything and go YOLO (you only live once) is plain stupid.
    One must have plans for everything. Plans for those things you wanna do.

• November 22, 2012 - 11:49 am | Permalink

Not only UxB, HxBC also like this! They hang the phone after I said I am not interested. But the only difference is that they said ‘thank you’. LOL

got thank you then better lor :3

• November 22, 2012 - 12:06 pm | Permalink

There’s one time an insurance agent from AIA called me (I guess they get my contact from AirAsia, being partners in flight insurance and all.) just when I was trying to unwind myself at Penang Hill…in Cantonese, a dialect which not my tongue, failed to master and loathe.

Predictably, I was BEYOND ticked off and I cut him off right before he actually start his pitching (after he inquired my name and all) by telling him loudly “I AM NOT INTERESTED.” in Cantonese and hang up on him. You know what? He called me back seconds later wondering why am I not interested in insurance! I sternly told him off by saying I am trying to unwind and relax and he has ruined my day. He said sorry and hang up.

I feel like killing them whenever they call me at the most inconvenient time.

That guy must be Bryan. Bad luck bryan XD
    so ngam called u at wrong timing

• November 22, 2012 - 7:05 pm | Permalink

I’m the weird one then. I will play along and waste that fella’s time and talk as though as I am interested and later tell that fella that I need to consider LOL

wahh u hv many time lor XD

• November 22, 2012 - 8:57 pm | Permalink

Hahaha, you should have hung up on them instead. I will do that, if they simply refuse to let me speak…

hahah but kinda rude. probably interrupt then say good bye

• November 22, 2012 - 10:28 pm | Permalink

AHHHHH CUTE! what software u use to draw?? and yes its VERY annoying when dat happens =_=

I use Adobe Fireworks

• November 22, 2012 - 11:22 pm | Permalink

at least you will have penang char koay teow before dooms day.. :P

True!! hahaha

• Ally
    November 23, 2012 - 12:22 pm | Permalink

some other bank..

me: Not interested..
    her: Why ma’am?
    me: Just don’t feel like taking the plan
    her: Can you explain why you don’t feel like taking it ma’am?
    me: I don’t have money / Not worth..
    her: Why not ma’am? This is benefits for you..
    me: =_=”

They just won’t give up…

Ya. they have to know to improve

• November 23, 2012 - 4:15 pm | Permalink

perhaps the XOX Bank love u more haha

btw, Hi :)

• November 23, 2012 - 4:28 pm | Permalink

Of all the calls I received, only one hung up like that. That was rude. Yeah.. I will push the same button as well..

tips: Just straight away tell them you are working with security agency or whatever high risk front line jobs. They’ll bother you no more.. XD

hahaha that will help eh?

• joni_mbp
    November 24, 2012 - 12:34 am | Permalink

lol… i got 5 credit card… can you imagine.. they call almost every week at least once from diffrent bank… but i kept saying no, thank you… if they stil talking the crap i just hang up and say no, thank you…

Woah that’s a lot of cards

• panda
    November 25, 2012 - 12:55 am | Permalink

i am nice…i will tell them “i’m in a meeting” or if they do call back i’ll say “i am not interested”.
    if they interrupt me..i will interrupt back and still try to tell them “i am not interested” but if they still “bla bla bla”…..then no choice, i will put the phone one side and let them rattle off whatever they wanna say while i continue my work… :p

hahah nice wan XD let them talk to air

• November 26, 2012 - 5:31 am | Permalink

Hahahahha, I actually kena few times… when I say I’m not interested right, they repeat again what they wanted to offer me, talk talk talk like 1hours. Then I hangup. =__________=

wahh 1 hour @@
    can throw phone adi

• November 26, 2012 - 8:35 am | Permalink

I ussually tell them I am in a “meeting”. =D

good trick!!

• November 27, 2012 - 9:54 pm | Permalink

Usually they will start with a “Are you free to speak?” Don’t say Yes, big mistake there. I’ve learnt my lesson.

Ask where they are then say no if not interested hahaha

• TrappaMachaC
    May 13, 2013 - 3:39 pm | Permalink

My experience was from CxxB bank and yours is considered better if compared to mine. Here’s why after the “uninterupt-able” one sided conversation:
    Me: No thanks. I’m currently paying for a few insurance plans already. I dont need another one.
    Telemarketer: Listen, our insurance policy is different from others.
    Me: Really, no th… *interrupted*
    Telemarketer: (continue repeating the details of the insurance plan)… No signature needed. Just say yes and the payment will be deducted from your bank account every month.
    Me: No thanks.
    Telemarketer: It is just RMX/mth. X divide by 31 is just Y/day. You have a meal also cost… *blah blah blah* (like attending econ lecture)… So just allocate RMY/day and you will be insured. Alright?
    Me: No thanks
    Telemarketer: Are you sure your current plans fully covered everything? (continues on with doomsday prophecy and saying how you can die from just walking down the road etc…) *blah blah blah*… So that’s why insurance is very important. Shall I sign you up on our plan, sir? (so polite)
    Me: No thanks. I’m well insured.
    Telemarketer: Be careful, if something happens to you I hope your insurance covers that. *hang up*

Walaoyeh… Even if I don’t buy your insurance also no need curse me like that. She was smart to hang up immediately or I will *dut dut dut* her till flip upside down.

Walao curse people one.