Miao meeting “When I was a kid” author, Boey @ H.I.P Kuching

Although, I didn’t manage to be the first English comic blogger in Malaysia to publish a book, it didn’t stop me from supporting another fellow local comic blogger.

And so, I continued to check out the blog and …

and

at Kuching MPH bookstore.

Hahaha… I was very happy when I found out he was coming to Kuching. I cancelled my plans that weekend just to meet him up.

If you’re wondering who’s this comic blogger, well he’s no other than CheeMing Boey from iamboey.com. Go and read his blog after his post ya! :)

………

I also told all my friends in the Comic Doodle Blogger group about him, his blog and book. Everyone was hooked on the blog too after that. Suddenly, I had this thought that maybe I can try ask him something about book publishing for the comic bloggers in the group.

Book publishing is not an easy thing in Malaysia especially if you’re publishing comics and also in English and he did it and his book even became MPH best selling non fiction book.

At first, I was afraid he might be too busy to answer my question but..

we ended up talking for 2 hours about comics at his cousin’s newly renovated cafe.

He just too awesome!! He shared everything he knows from book publishing, character designs, storyline, concept and even marketing ideas. T3T  All 5 years of experience in 2 hours. Thank youuuuu soooooo much.

As a favor for his kindness and generosity,  I decided to help out and promote his cousin cafe. :)

So Kuchingites!! Do check this place out. The H.I.P. Cafe.  It’s located next to the MBO Cinema at Spring. Perfect location for you to chill out before and after a movie.

Here some photos of the place.

Front Bar.

Beanie bags for you lazy butts who just wanna lie down and chit chat!!

Cakes for you people with a sweet tooth.

In my opinion, it’s a great place to hang out especially if you compare with the other cafe that is available in theSpring Mall. Oh, If you’re there, do remember to try their mini pork burger. It’s very very good. :)

Boey is actually very well known in the States for his drawing on foam cups.

The one WafuPafu trying to steal here worth USD1400.

The author signing for his readers.

A photo of two comic bloggers. Miao and Boey. :)

• kayy
    October 21, 2012 - 2:20 pm | Permalink

MIAO!!! i love boey too!!

i recommended the book to my friend and she was addicted to it too.
    then she got me another “when i was a kid” with autograph from Boey and wishing my happy birthday. mad happy la!!!

support all the local artists! faster publish urs and i will go and buy it toooo! 8D

very nice kan? It’s like a dairy :D
    Aww Thank youuu for the support :3

• October 21, 2012 - 2:56 pm | Permalink

Oh, I’ve heard of him…I prefer your drawings though. Your characters are cuter. Hehe…

And his foam cup drawings look interesting! I haven’t seen them before, I had only seen his comic blog drawings.

He’s very famous in the States and other part of the world. Funny thing is not much people heard bout him here.

• October 21, 2012 - 3:31 pm | Permalink

Definitely will checkout his blog! His book is available in MPH whole Malaysia? Gonna look for it in my hometown MPH. :]

Uh hum :D Best seller in MPH

• October 21, 2012 - 3:31 pm | Permalink

saw that boey comic before too~
    =D

Go get one :P

• October 21, 2012 - 9:19 pm | Permalink

one of miao’s happy moment of the year! hahaha!!
    I loveeee his cups…T_T too bad i really don’t have the budget.

uh hum :3
    oh u can draw your own 1 ar :D

• October 21, 2012 - 10:22 pm | Permalink

i seriously didn’t realized that he is coming to Kuching until you post about him in facebook lar…aduh!! wasted the chance =_=”

Aiks!
    Next time then, he’s coming back to draw for HIP cafe

• October 21, 2012 - 11:46 pm | Permalink

His book has so many…sexual contents. So funny! It was so weird because I met him before reading the book, so that wasn’t what I thought about him.. I tweeted him about it and he replied; ahh, success! Lol!

hahaha XD
    i like how he replied that

• October 22, 2012 - 1:33 am | Permalink

He’s my friend’s cousin! Haha.

Damn! small world

• October 22, 2012 - 6:47 am | Permalink

YES!! met him yesterday and it was AWESOME…

Awesome kan :D

• Nada
    October 22, 2012 - 9:36 am | Permalink

Oh…it’s him?
    I’ve read his comic book before.
    His doodles so cute.

:D I like his way of story telling

• John Ang
    October 24, 2012 - 8:33 am | Permalink

You can still be the first English Colour Comic Bloggger to publish a book!!! =) his comic is not bad… cause he is in overseas, so his contents are way different from yours! but you win with your detailed graphics!!

“Colour” XD
    means expensive too. huhu

• October 24, 2012 - 1:19 pm | Permalink

i read this book.. when i went to MPH at Midvally is very funny..
    but i didn’t bought it.. im out of money.. e.e…

awww.. next time get it :D

• October 28, 2012 - 5:48 pm | Permalink

I see somebody i know standing near the counter of HIP hhahaha XD

Who where which?

• October 29, 2012 - 1:30 pm | Permalink

hahaha. miao don’t be sad. Just do it like nike slogan! publish a book, we’ll support jiuuuuuu.

boey’s comic is kinda funny too. click *like*

cheers.

need Kaching to publish neh

• November 4, 2012 - 4:31 pm | Permalink

I saw his book at MPH but i’m out of cash that time~~XD definitely will get the book.

:3 at the mean time, you can check out his site at imboey.com :3

• November 5, 2012 - 12:00 pm | Permalink

argghhh!!! envy you lo…i bought his book not long after published and boyf thought will not be nice to read but ended up he took my book and read it all first before me…

hahaha a bit hamsap post inside XD he sure enjoyed it

• Atiqah
    November 15, 2012 - 5:47 pm | Permalink

Miao! I bought this book after I saw your post about it. Damn it’s good! I even recommend my friends to buy it. XD

hahah good kan :D