Miao&CheeChingy at #Churpout 2012 with #CelcomNote2

Yes, that’s me in my human suit. Chingy at the center and our Monkeyhao at the back.

Early morning last Saturday, Monkeyhao was super duper kind and fetched us to Publika for Churpout 2012.   Me and Chingy had our booths there to showcase our arts, promoting and hopefully meeting our readers. It was our first time to meet our readers in public.

Under prepared, I forgot to bring any easels for my boards …

and ended up making our own.

and it works. Seems like the “we’re engineer” works.

Oh, this is how my booth looks like XD.

I prepared quite number of stuff for the booth like drawing tools to draw stuffs for anyone who visited, sample phone cases, newly designed and printed namecards :D.

the only thing I didn’t prepare was a full stomach. XD LOL

I then took a quick brunch with CheeChingy and Monkeyhao since the booth starts at 11am. Lol

When we got back, someone was already there. :3 One of our readers came and visited us!!

It was sooo awesomeee :D We’re so happy and don’t know what to do.

After a while, a few more show up. T^T *so touched*

And before we know it..

we’re taking photos

receiving gifts/letters

and drawing pictures on the papers for our readers.

It was sooo fun.  We even had some chit chat with them. :3

Awesome time to know more about our readers.

We even get the chance to draw on the latest Samsung Galaxy Note 2. Thanks to Celcom and Samsung.  They helped to print the drawings on the spot for the readers.

Here’s the sketches I did on the Samsung Galaxy Note 2.

Honestly, it was my first time drawing on a phone. I must say it’s rather different, it was very smooth in compared to conventional drawing tools as it does not have friction like paper surface but the sensitivity was very good. I have tried my friend’s Samsung Note 1 before and it really improves a lot on the sensitivity and accuracy.

Actually, I kinda got addicted to it in the end. How nice it will be to have one and sketch my idea as I travel. *Batting my eyelashes*

…………….

Well, this is basically what was going on at my booth at the Inspiration sections.

As I was at my booth the whole day, I didn’t manage to wander around much but from where I am, I saw the Marketplace section was doing extremely well.

It was flooded with people and clothes and people keeps coming in. Well, girls love clothes. :P

…………………

The FunCircuit area offers four games where you can collect points for some presents.

I didn’t manage to play any games and refuse to play this game that will get myself wet, I didn’t win anything. But I heard there’s this fella who win 3 presents in one round; a phone, a tablet and  a camera. That’s like 8k worth of presents!! Lucky fella. =.=

………………………

Luckily, I manage to catch up with Skyward performance at the Stage area.

Listening to them live is so different.

I even got to see some of Malaysia’s famous youtubers on stage.

It was weird to see them in real life as I always watch them on my 14″ small laptop. Lol.

………………………….

It was an awesome event. I personally enjoyed it. :)

Gonna thank Churpout for inviting me over to this event. I got to meet a lot of people from readers, old friends, new friends, blogger friends, online friends, hi-bye friends to non human friends. It was great meeting them all.

Another big thanks to for those who came and visit not only to the Churpout event but to our booth just to support us. Thanks to you, the readers, bloggers and friends.

We’re so happy when people actually came and meet us, and some even from far far away. It means a lot to us.

Every day, we draw hours just for a post that finished reading in a few seconds, just to get the readers to like our drawings and also hope it can makes you smile and have a brighten day. And your visits that day really makes our hard works worth it and my trip all the way from Borneo even worth it. :)

Oh and I sorry to my readers, as I lost the letters and gifts you girls gave me. :( It was gone with my phone cases, namecards, note pad, and other stuffs together with the goodie bag. Oh, and with WafuPafu in it. :|

Shit, I talked too much. Wonder whether anyone reads them. LOL. Till next post. :) See ya.

Photos courtesy of http://msplasticbiter.blogspot.com/

Hmm.. I think I forgot something/someone..

Comment All the Way~~

Purr

• October 18, 2012 - 11:48 pm | Permalink

Ah, I didn’t get my face sketched by you. Anyway i’ve got your mooncake eating one so it’s good enough lol.

hahaha speaking of which. must start practicing my tablet

• October 18, 2012 - 11:49 pm | Permalink

oh yeah! I want you to hand draw Miau and WFPF for me! :P

hahaha where?

• October 18, 2012 - 11:49 pm | Permalink

why Kuching no Churpout event??? ><

coz crowd not big enough

• October 18, 2012 - 11:50 pm | Permalink

and u do really forgot ur easels!!!

hehehe :P

• October 18, 2012 - 11:51 pm | Permalink

Ahh, that Bunny ( ´▽`) !!!

hahahah XD

• October 18, 2012 - 11:53 pm | Permalink

haha! mine one had domo :D

Special one xD

• October 19, 2012 - 12:13 am | Permalink

awww u lost ur goodie bag.. =(

uh hum. oh well.

• October 19, 2012 - 12:17 am | Permalink

i missed this event :( when can we meet u again?

Soon :)

• October 19, 2012 - 12:27 am | Permalink

To who do “non human friends” refer?

Animal friends, ghost friends. XD

• October 19, 2012 - 12:54 am | Permalink

Err, non human friends? Thanks for the drawing haha :) too bad din manage to get a pic with u coz i shy lol….

Animal friends XD
    you’re welcome ^^ and thanks for coming.

awww.. next time don’t be.

• October 19, 2012 - 2:25 am | Permalink

i miss it!!!! cos a classmate getting married in hometown. now depressed :(

Aww.. nvm, there’s always a next time :)

• October 19, 2012 - 6:32 am | Permalink

haha! kesian monkeyhao. By the way, he was actually my student’s older brother la XD

Which 1?
    his little brother or sister?

• October 19, 2012 - 8:44 am | Permalink

poor monkeyhao ..meow~i want the cards~ XDDD

Poor him but he’s an awesome friend to wait for me till the end of the event.
    Next time :D come take

• October 19, 2012 - 10:28 am | Permalink

hahah i missed the day also..it was quite fun as well and didn’t expect to hang out there whole day

hopefully next year have again, then we hangout again

• October 19, 2012 - 10:49 am | Permalink

I should’ve come slightly earlier and force you to draw me~~ hmmm… hahahah.
    Nice meeting you again. Too bad it was soooo short :(

hahaha nice meeting you again :D
    yealo :( nvm, there’s always a next time

• October 19, 2012 - 1:25 pm | Permalink

eh…i didn’t notice monkeyhao at all when i was there. oops. by the way, well done man :)

hahah maybe he went somewhere else.

• October 19, 2012 - 1:41 pm | Permalink

MIAO I DONT CARE WHEN I’M BACK I WANT ONE TOOOOOO! *jelly*

Come back!!

• m.a.D.y
    October 19, 2012 - 2:36 pm | Permalink

Did you lose your goodie bag with the 2 *ahem* condoms as well??? kekeke

no idea what’s in there T3T
    I just put my stuffs in

• October 19, 2012 - 2:46 pm | Permalink

Missed the fun :3 THought just go drop by only, mana tau end up whole day lepaking at your booth & game booths. LOLOLOLOL! Great meeting you & chingy again #overnice :))))) And also nice to meet MonkeyHao (kelien sitting at the corner whole day).

hahahaha thank you for coming T3T
    miss overnice gang huhu
    hahaha he’s an interesting monkey. you can ask him out sometimes

• October 19, 2012 - 3:04 pm | Permalink

Wow those are cool doodles you have there Miao. I wanna try doodling on Galaxy Note II too. xD

Thanks Citra! I want a Galaxy note 2!!

• October 19, 2012 - 9:36 pm | Permalink

Eh? How come the human Miao has whiskers? Only sometimes though…I think they disappeared after visitors came to the booth. Didn’t complete the human disguise earlier? :P

And… “I lost the letters and gifts you girls gave me.” Wow, so the readers who gave you gifts were only girls?? Hehe…

hahaha yealo XD
    most of the readers that came are girls ^^”

• Snoopy
    October 20, 2012 - 1:40 pm | Permalink

1 thing must say. Wny U did get any chio bu phone no??? There have to be chio bu around, right???

U R NOT YOUNG…… YOU R 30 NOW….. MUST GET ATTACHED SOON…..

Why….. …… 1more thing is ernest there???

There were.I gave them mine. XD It’s on my namecard LOL
    and I’m not 30!! RAWR!! Still far away.

Yep he was and the other comic bloggers too.
    We, comic bloggers are a family. :)

• Snoopy
    October 20, 2012 - 1:46 pm | Permalink

i more thing. U have politics issue with neighboring countries/state is it???

Basket never die before is it u…. Just reading Melconica on the birthday prank call on & she wrote u mentioned poltics with the neighboring countries/state. That was dated sept 10 2012.

Not scared get into trouble is it… your 9 lives (Cats one of course) isn’t to repay the debts.

Muhahahaha… … … …. Be afraid hahahaha…

I have no politic issue with anyone as I’m not a politician. LOL
    Well, there’s no wrong to talk about news and my views.

• moli
    October 22, 2012 - 2:05 pm | Permalink

No worry on that monchichi. He’s good on self-entertaining. Bet his eyes were very busying

hahahah true XD
    he WAS busy XD

• October 28, 2012 - 9:50 pm | Permalink

Hey Jian~ It’s been two years since Hong Kong! How are you? hohohohoh It’s Halloween once again! Man, I wish I asked you for a drawing when I first met you! I’ve been following you since and I seriously love your blog! Keep drawing and hopefully we will be in the same country again some day~ XDDDD

Omg it’s been so long !!!! Time really flies!!
    Yeah let’s meet up again! Tho we had such a short time together but it was soo fun :3