I’m Sorry, Baby

I’m sorry I can’t hug you..

The other day, I was playing with my new baby nephew. This baby nephew love people to hug and carry him around. He will put up his two hands, look at you, and make this funny little baby sound to request for a hug.

Unfortunately, i have this fear of dropping a baby. They looked so fragile. Honestly, i have never hand carry or hug any of my nephews and nieces before. -..-

I feel like a failed uncle. lol XD

• February 9, 2012 - 8:59 am | Permalink

What phobia is this LOL how bout your own baby in future? 😐

I will learn by then XD hahaha

• February 9, 2012 - 9:06 am | Permalink

Cute baby…!
    Practice with live sized baby doll. You’ll be fine.

I don’t have a doll that size πŸ™

• February 9, 2012 - 9:07 am | Permalink

Aw… practice with a pillow? or carry on the bed ^^ I love carrying babies and showing them fruits flowers vege animals <333

Pillow very light and i can squeeze how i want XD

• babybear
    February 9, 2012 - 9:13 am | Permalink

I know exactly how that feels! I have the exact same fear, of dropping them, injuring them etc…

I always declined when people asked me to carry their babies >_<

Same here i will like go ” nvm..i will look from far” LOL

• February 9, 2012 - 9:14 am | Permalink

Haha, yeah i got the same feeling, maybe the same reason why i don’t drive a car xD

hahaha
    oh wait, how do you go to work??

• monk3y
    February 9, 2012 - 9:19 am | Permalink

when i just about a child, i hugged my baby cousin…and i dropped = =, his mum scold me kau kau, feel so sad that time, so i not dare to hug any baby now

REply:
    OMG!!!! now i lagi no dare to carry

• February 9, 2012 - 9:22 am | Permalink

I also have this fear of dropping a baby… :s

But maybe for my own it’ll be better…’cos I can “practise” on a soft surface (aka a bed πŸ˜› ) first?? LOL For other people’s babies, you can’t choose the place…

practice XD hahaha i hv this imagination on the scenario XD

• yawner
    February 9, 2012 - 9:28 am | Permalink

Haha, yeah, having same paranoid here. Never carry one. Not that scare the baby might fall, also scare carrying posture not rite, might hurt the baby… btw, miao only 150cm? (not counting ear)

Miao very short only.. :3
    Yealo.. the neck part very fragile

• February 9, 2012 - 9:38 am | Permalink

I totally understand T^T

T3T paw5!

• February 9, 2012 - 9:39 am | Permalink

you dun hv the potential become a daddy… LOL

hahaha now maybe xD

• February 9, 2012 - 11:53 am | Permalink

awww that’s so cute~ i had almost the same feeling as you hahaha

He ended up crying after i ran away XD

• February 9, 2012 - 12:28 pm | Permalink

I’m exactly the same!!!! HOW COMEEEEEE!!!!

You must learn !! next time you need to carry your own one

• February 9, 2012 - 1:16 pm | Permalink

try to carry a teddy 1st~? πŸ˜€
    mayb it will help
    n + even if the teddy fall it felt no paint right?? XD
    is better then letting the baby fall.. πŸ˜€
    but still… *pat the teddy*.. poor teddy.. :3

Maybe a cat.. it lands on its feet, so won’t hurt it also xD

• Keisuke
    February 9, 2012 - 1:36 pm | Permalink

I am also like this, I have many new cousin now in my family, they all looks so cute and I feel like squeezing them yet I felt so afraid of hurting them T^T
    but at least this fears are not to cats xD

I feel you Miao, the sadness of not being able to hug small cute babies…

I hv a stronger fear when they know how to scream, shout and run. :/

• February 9, 2012 - 2:04 pm | Permalink

I feel the same way too! Usually I wait until the baby is strong enough (stronger neck or can crawl already) then I have the guts to carry.

I think i might go try XD
    then it will be the most special baby ever, the first to be carry by me XD

• comet
    February 9, 2012 - 2:10 pm | Permalink

same like my cousin.What worst is tht he is a doctor.Hahaha.How can a doc afraid of little babies.Anyway….just practice by placing him on your arms when seated.You mai no need scare of dropping him lor ! Get the feeling of cuddling a baby first !

ps: yoh..the baby bunny so cute lar ! post a real pict of him..!

hahaha what doctor? maybe different field πŸ˜›
    no pictar wor.. hehehe

• February 9, 2012 - 3:52 pm | Permalink

I feel the same…. I love babies sooo much but I don’t dare to hug them…. TT

oh i’m still okay okay.. i prefer baby animals more πŸ˜›

• February 9, 2012 - 6:46 pm | Permalink

i’m okay to carry them when they are all cutesy and calm. once they started to cry, i’ll shove them back to the mami. :S

hahahahahaha
    XD

• February 9, 2012 - 9:21 pm | Permalink

haha.. overcome your fear!!
    carry the baby on the bed or sofa πŸ™‚

Ehh… maybe i will try..
    the next time i meet him ^^

• February 9, 2012 - 11:10 pm | Permalink

I have less a worry for now~ Babies have this weird dislikeness of me~ T.T

Eh? How come?

• February 9, 2012 - 11:12 pm | Permalink

Buy 4D!!!!

LOL tak mau lar.. never open wan

• mich
    February 9, 2012 - 11:16 pm | Permalink

got minor heart attack when the image of baby dropped came =__=” phew good thing it didnt happen! thank god!

hahaha really thank god nothing happened

• February 9, 2012 - 11:43 pm | Permalink

nvm nvm…i can understand the feeling…T__T

T3T paw 5!

• ToMoCo
    February 9, 2012 - 11:55 pm | Permalink

I have the same phobia here. I will decline every single offer to hug babies. @.@

Decline all the offer!!

• February 10, 2012 - 7:12 am | Permalink

Carry them on a bed?

Even if you accidently dropped the baby also he/she will be unharmed. Unless the bed is so bouncy that…………..

LOL….

OMG!!! i having this image of the baby bounces off the bed :/

• February 10, 2012 - 12:00 pm | Permalink

wht will hppen when u get mrried n hv baby… O_O!

no worries! can practice!

• Joey
    February 10, 2012 - 12:40 pm | Permalink

I’m exactly like you! I’ve never carried a baby before because I’m afraid I will drop him/her.

Eventually, we all need to carry T3T

• February 10, 2012 - 12:40 pm | Permalink

OMG that picture when Miao drops the baby is crazy!!! Ahahaha. But I have the same fear to in holding babies.. I’d better wait till they are 1 y.o. πŸ˜›

1 y.o, no need carry lur πŸ˜›

• February 10, 2012 - 10:58 pm | Permalink

need to learn oh! next time you will become Papa Miao de wor >_<

When I’m a PaPa baru learn πŸ˜›

• Amy
    February 11, 2012 - 12:46 am | Permalink

Yes ! My nephew recently turned 2 years old and I only finally dared to carry him. There were brief carrying him in the past but only because to protect him or something. The longest was only when sitting .. I love him so much but really afraid to harm him. Unfortunately, sometimes indirectly I injured him by him playing with my swimming board or I tried to stop him running and he bang my hand and trip.. πŸ™

I think they will hv more this little accidents. I used to bumped, fall and banged into things when I was small running around.

• February 11, 2012 - 9:31 am | Permalink

LOL this is very GTO (Great Teacher Onizuka). Sudden flash of thoughts of something bad happen, go on newspaper, jail….

But carrying a baby is a hard thing to do… just in case they pee….

hahaha really ar?
    It’s been very long time since I last read GTO
    OMG pee and poo @@

• February 11, 2012 - 4:16 pm | Permalink

If the fear is that you might accidentally drop the baby, you could try holding her/him while sitting on a soft surface (bed or sofa) hee.

Soft.. hmmm on top of water πŸ˜›

• February 12, 2012 - 12:07 pm | Permalink

you worry too much! hahaha

but later drop then too late d πŸ˜›

• February 27, 2012 - 12:51 am | Permalink

Have someone near you when you hug baby. =)

and see me drop ? haahhahaha

• March 26, 2012 - 9:34 am | Permalink

me too. especially the new born one. get really scary to even hold their hand. feel like they gonna break. hahaha~ ;p

Yealo!!