A Sick that is difficult to cure.

Translation:

- Robin send me a photo of Kolok Mee (a type of noodle from Sarawak. )

- “MeePok put red” is referring to the photo of the Noodle.

- Mee pok = flat noodles. Put Red = Added with BBQ oil

- Teh-C-Peng = Teh-Peng/ Teh-Ais with evaporated milk instead of condensed milk.

Translation:

- Tomato Kuey Tiao = Fried Kuey Tiao cooked with tomato sauce.

- My part is easy to understand. I just RAWR!.

For some unknown reasons, I miss my hometown Kuching a lot these days. I miss the weather, the food, the language/dialect we speak there, the streets, the green sceneries, the colorful sunsets, the food, the 24-hours food courts (we don’t have mamak stalls there), the air, I even miss the unique law we have there, miss my Bobbies (pet dogs), my house, my sofa and living room which happens to be my bedroom too, the food, and of course I miss my family very much.

Miao is Homesick..

Translations:

- Yum Cha. Makan/Minum/Lepak

For those who don’t understand our conversation. I’m truly sorry for it. ^^”

Click to his site.

Comment All the Way~~

Purr

• April 27, 2009 - 11:00 pm | Permalink

poor cat lol….. i miss Malaysia’s food!! XD

Hahaha I thought you said there’s a Malaysia Mahathir restaurant there? XD

• April 27, 2009 - 11:12 pm | Permalink

dont hate me !!
    Come join me in Kuching !! We go makan all kolok mee and laksa and tomato kuey tiaw we want eheheheheh
    come come come

If only I can go back.. Hate you!! Rawr! hahaha

• April 27, 2009 - 11:23 pm | Permalink

LOL! Robin is evil! :D

He is !
    hahahaha xD

• April 27, 2009 - 11:31 pm | Permalink

Ask him dabao everything back lar… Kekekee..

I thought bout it before.. but he can’t pass them to me either

• April 27, 2009 - 11:34 pm | Permalink

Seriously have no idea what Robin wrote in those IMs. XD

Jargon fail. Lol.

Hahaha sorry about that..
    I had put up some translation. Hopefully they help.

• April 28, 2009 - 12:28 am | Permalink

WTF?! Robin did this?! LOL.

Yea :(
    Torturing me

• ahmike
    April 28, 2009 - 12:30 am | Permalink

LOL

:P

• April 28, 2009 - 1:05 am | Permalink

lol poor jian..
    use air asia which is cheap and affordable
    go fly there and spent days la
    then send him lotsa pics bout food all…
    if possible leng lui one too…

muahahaha evil plan

Ya its cheap but not always.. need to book months before

• April 28, 2009 - 1:59 am | Permalink

You making me miss Ipoh! :(

Hahaha go back during the weekends lor ^^

• April 28, 2009 - 3:05 am | Permalink

chingy,

me too. the post make me miss penang.
    i miss the food, the air, the street, the way the people talk even the dirtyness. =(

Everyone is homesick neh..:(

You’re in KL?

• April 28, 2009 - 3:31 am | Permalink

Hahah why ur fren so evil 1..

Hahaha maybe Birds are born to be evil XD
    lol jk jk

• April 28, 2009 - 6:35 am | Permalink

awwww *hugs miao. daijoubu, get the instant mee kolok XD *giggles

I want the Myojo brand Sarawak Kolok Mee :(
    but its so hard to find.. sob sob

p/s: it doesn’t taste the same but it do taste good XD

• April 28, 2009 - 6:39 am | Permalink

Hate you too. Although there’s no pic, but I can imagine and now I’m hungry! RAWRR!

Hahahaha I think because I mentioned 4-5 times food in the post XD

Seriously, I’m hungry right now too

• April 28, 2009 - 7:03 am | Permalink

ahah~u r sarawakian.hehehhe
    i hv a classmate who is from sarawak too.
    his dialect is very very special one….
    always talking “fu zhou hua” with those who r from sarawak too.
    wah~really diff 2 understand wat r they talking bout

Foo Zhou Dialect eh?
    I guess he is from Sibu District.

I don’t understand Foo Zhou as well.

• April 28, 2009 - 8:50 am | Permalink

haha take leave to go back to kuching lor…

No more unpaid leave left.
    So need to take paid leave if I wanted to go back

• April 28, 2009 - 9:33 am | Permalink

hi miao..
    i studied in unimas 2 years back..really miss kuching & my uni. can’t even taste the kolok mee anymore :(

i browse thru ur blog & found it really, really WOW!!!
    very nice & calm looking. love the way u use the color & the comic strips that u have in ur site is simply marvelous..

i love to draw as well but still in the process of learning. just bought a bamboo fun but havent really get the hang of it…

Really, really love ur site so much…hope to see more beautiful comic from u :)

Woah another who loves to draw~~Five!! :D Somemore from Kuching~ Five!!
    I haven’t buy a Wacom yet after my first Wacom got stolen a year ago. :P
    Maybe will buy one … one day.

Btw, thanks for the complement ^^

• April 28, 2009 - 9:46 am | Permalink

one more thing if u don’t mind, u use tablet to draw all this comics?

No I don’t ^^
    Mouse only

• April 28, 2009 - 10:34 am | Permalink

home sick go back once in awhile la. :)

Planning :P
    Surveying for cheap fares d

• April 28, 2009 - 11:57 am | Permalink

Haha… I have many frens from S’wak studying in my uni.

Someday i rili nid 2 go S’wak for travelling, food, food, and food. I heard the food at there is cheap!!

Hmm.. if compare to KL is cheap.
    But its not that cheap if compare to other states like Melaka, Penang, Ipoh etc.. :)

but the food is unique/different I must say..

• April 28, 2009 - 12:09 pm | Permalink

aw~ poor miao miao is home sick~

ask your fren tapau some for you lol, hope it dun expire during the air flight XD

It won’t expire…many people from Sarawak does that very often XD

• April 28, 2009 - 12:34 pm | Permalink

wahahaha… i just love your expresisons!! LOL

greetings from Kelantan! XD

Sikui cabut to Kelantan d..
    somemore steal people’s wifi
    XD hahahaha

• April 28, 2009 - 12:46 pm | Permalink

Mentioned laksa I just back from Sabah and only i knew that the laksa in Sabah is equal to curry mee in KL. What shit!!! Then i so hope i can go back and eat but now i m having exam still can’t go out eat yet. I heard the best laksa is in 3rd mile pasar there but only morning time.

The kolo mee in Sabah is not like Kuching one.. still only Kuching is able to produce kolo mee of the nicest hahaha…

Hahaha.. really ar? I didn’t know bout that XD
    Hmm.. never heard of that before, the famous laksa I know of its the Golden Arc Big Prawn Laksa in 3rd Mile and the laksa near Tun Jugah and opposite Cutting Edge there.

Lol, you shouldn’t eat kolok mee in Sabah. Should try their local food instead.

• April 28, 2009 - 1:11 pm | Permalink

went home when you have holiday then~ Air Asia ticket is not that expensive ma…

I don’t have any holidays.. and if I happen to have holidays, it will be public holidays which means a much more expensive ticket

• April 28, 2009 - 2:36 pm | Permalink

argh! i miss kolok mee and tomato kueh tiew!!! ARGH!!!!

Omg!
    By reading the names..already made me hungry

• April 28, 2009 - 4:21 pm | Permalink

Miao Miao… I miss my hometown too! And I’m going back on this Thursday night!! :D Hehe… have a long weekend to u ya! :)

Woah.. syoknya~~
    *envy envy*

• April 28, 2009 - 7:53 pm | Permalink

I always miss kuching d beef noodles.and of coz the kolok mee~ ^_^

Hahaha same with my friend but too bad I don’t eat Gubak (Beef) :P

• April 28, 2009 - 8:10 pm | Permalink

miao homesick ald. never tried the kolo mee before btw

Its a type of curly egg noodle seasoned with fried red onion oil, spring onions, peppers, pork oil and Cha Siew oil (optional) served with veges and Cha Siew. (Some stalls put extra fishballs and fish cakes).

Hehehe.. ^^

• springice_dee
    April 28, 2009 - 11:30 pm | Permalink

don worry miao, i already cursed him even b4 he enter flight. hahahaa.. anyway i got dried kolok mee if u wan some. i need to give away cos my house no pot to cook. i can express to u if u wan.

Too bad, I don’t have anything to cook it right here too XD

• April 29, 2009 - 12:00 am | Permalink

I miss eating AUTHENTIC kolo mee too!!! D;

And laksa!

If only there’s a shop/cafe/restaurant here serving Kuching/Sarawak food which taste exactly the same as the original dish.

• April 29, 2009 - 5:09 am | Permalink

Rawr~~~~~~~~~~~~ I understand you Miao!!! *SOB* I wan char siu mee!! Wait,Ithink somewhere at PJ here sell mee pok. o.O I haven't get a try yet. Hmmm...T.T Omg..I want char siu mee, kueh chap, beng beng wu, laksa….YOU NAME IT!!!AHHHHHHHHHH. T.T Oh ya, I got those pictures in my lappie somemore. *stare and tummy growl*

Aiks.. you make me feel hungry again hahaha
    There’s laksa, kolok mee in KL too but the taste.. @@

• April 29, 2009 - 11:02 am | Permalink

@@” lol he bully u ah

Yalor.. sob sob

• April 29, 2009 - 3:38 pm | Permalink

Meow meow ….. if you happen to be near Kuchai Lama Entepreneurs park, do check out Kafe RAJAH BROOKE. Authentic Sarawakian restaurant. You can test power by speaking Hakka (Sarawakian Slang) there. All the staff and worker there were from Sarawak. All the food and drink you list above got! plus the laksa!

I am invited to be their food tester last week. Will post up very soon. :D

Reply: OMG seriously?!!
    Wahhh then its a must visit place to go..
    Can’t wait for your post ^^

• April 30, 2009 - 8:57 pm | Permalink

The dish that is relatively close enough to tasting like kolo mee is hakka mee… But still… :<

Ya that’s what I heard too..
    but i think anything can’t beat the original dish

• May 3, 2009 - 12:33 am | Permalink

Miao, come back to Kuching then. I am here. Got no friends here T_T why no friend? ‘Cos I had been studying in KL for 4 years and my hometown is Sibu (no friends also cos all of them dump Sibu to pursue their studies). I am stuck in Kuching ‘cos my parents are working here T_T
    Maybe I should ask your friend, Robin, on where to get nice food. I am still not familiar with Kuching :(
    Why only want to know where to get nice food? Cos I love food! XD

Hahaha no holiday to go back.
    There’re food almost every where.
    What do you like to eat the most?

• May 4, 2009 - 2:42 am | Permalink

Anything as long as the food is nice. I am not very picky ‘cos I love FOOD! :)
    However, I would really like to know where your friend, Robin, got to eat that nice Kolo Mee :)

Hahah I’m not sure which Kolok Mee he went but..
    There’s couple of nice Kolok Mee in Kuching.
    The one in Tabuan Jaya next to Toast&Toast or something.
    The one in Sekama road near the shortcut to MBKS.
    The one in Green Road, an old shop just opposite the ChongLi apartment.
    The one in Open Air opposite of Electra house.

• July 4, 2009 - 11:41 am | Permalink

Totally understand how u feel! Been deprived of kolo mee and laksa for half a year and now I AM BACK! kekekeke~

yum~~

RAWR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I want to go back….
    3 more weeks to go!!!! Can’t wait hahahaha

• DreamerXD
    September 7, 2010 - 9:28 am | Permalink

hm.. wad ur email address o? i wan i wan