Zzzz in the Office*Snores*

Almost every afternoon around 3pm (my nap time), I will feel very very sleepy. No matter what I did to stay awake ( wash my face, stretch my body, slap my face, slap my colleague ), it does not seems to work, I will just end up “fishing” or “napping” in the end.

Sometimes I just wish I could just take a 5-10 minutes nap and not get myself fired for that. Lol..

Anyone here can teach me how to keep myself awake? or teach me where can I hide myself and take a nap ^^

• April 9, 2009 - 8:48 am | Permalink

Me too… I always feel sleepy after meals, not only lunch~

but as for the last picture shown, just make sure you don’t accidentally press Ctrl+S and send out the email to someone (If you’re typing in Outlook), then it will be great problem~

Hehehe

Reply: HAhaha and send to my director.. DIE XD

• April 9, 2009 - 9:00 am | Permalink

haha… so cute. even ur comments box oso got emotion phrase one.. haha.. since only one sob sob. then i help u to increase it.

Reply: Hahaah thank you :D

• April 9, 2009 - 9:02 am | Permalink

Don’t eat too full for lunch.
    Make sure your belt not so tight.

Or else take a nap like a pro as you are now ;p

But if I didn’t eat full then I will be hungry very fast. LOL

Hahaha if only I can sleep with my eyes open

• April 9, 2009 - 9:13 am | Permalink

bang the wall! might b able to wake u up…. hahaha

Reply: LOL
    then I can take a medical leave and go home for a real nap

• April 9, 2009 - 9:20 am | Permalink

haha i am always sleepy in the morning…luckily there not always have job available in the morning. so i can do anything i like… but not sleeping =P i find something on the net to refresh my eyes XD

Reply: I don’t know why but I’m more awake in the morning lol XD

hahaha what’s so refreshing? mind share? :D

• LouisZai
    April 9, 2009 - 9:28 am | Permalink

truly geng !!!
    i like it :D

Reply: Hehehe not really that geng ^^”

• April 9, 2009 - 9:43 am | Permalink

hhahaah
    do the upside down…..
    ur leg in the air and face down to earth..

increase o2
    or u can always bend ur head to ur knee

or slap urself many time
    or ask someone to karate u

lalalalalalall~

Wahh all so high level skills 1…
    I can’t do all those..

But I can spread my legs and hands and sleep LOL

• April 9, 2009 - 10:23 am | Permalink

Don’t let your boss read this blog.. ;p haha

Reply: Hahaha
    The internet is big :D

• April 9, 2009 - 11:01 am | Permalink

KENG!!!
    dont eat too heavy lunch lo

I’m a heavy eater :D

• April 9, 2009 - 11:06 am | Permalink

cute blog, i just added it to my blog list

Reply: Woahhh thank you ^^

• EroS
    April 9, 2009 - 12:49 pm | Permalink

yeah. like the other says. dun eat a heavy lunch. :D

Hungry :3

• April 9, 2009 - 1:04 pm | Permalink

hahaha…
    keep on walking here & there…go take a file or photostate anything eventho u didnt need it…haha…
    i also always feel sleepy at office:)

Reply: Hahaha did that and its not working..
    Only when people talks to me.. just I’m awake

• April 9, 2009 - 3:54 pm | Permalink

LOL. usually i just use my hand to tilt my head n secretly nap for a while. hehehe

Reply: Hahaha I do use my hand and put on my forehead as if I’m thinking..
    but only when my director is outstation

• April 9, 2009 - 3:56 pm | Permalink

Well,u can always go to the toilet and choose the most smelly one.Go in and take a deep breathe,a few more if u like to.

Sure way to keep awake! xD

Reply: Wahhh like that for sure I will faint first XD

• @ngeldust
    April 9, 2009 - 5:49 pm | Permalink

Doesn’t matter if you eat heavy lunch or light lunch. If you’re tired, you’re tired. You just drawn me today.. :) I was so sleepy… was on my way to go toilet to sleep when suddenly my colleague call me. I ter-shock, woke up and ask what? Then she say nothing. Just call for fun… =.=” meow~~

Yeah tired is tired …
    hahahah at least you’re awake right :D

• April 9, 2009 - 7:41 pm | Permalink

This make me remember when i was having my UPSR exam .

one of my classmate , he slept when we were having our exam . I think his nap time is also about 4-5pm something , tat’s y when we have our exam in da afternoon , he will jik tao fall a sleep half way exam.

And what he get in tat paper ?! as i heard , is a D ….

I think u better try to change it . slowly lar ….lolx

Hahaha I usually don’t take naps..and I don’t have the habit of sleeping in the day time..
    Its just that hour happened to be the most tired period of the day..

So I can’t change it unless you can teach me how to remove the tiredness in me..

• April 9, 2009 - 7:43 pm | Permalink

Don’t eat rice for lunch. Sure doze off one especially kena the banana leaf rice. lol XD

Reply: But I will be hungry at that period of time instead of sleepy.. XD

• springice_dee
    April 9, 2009 - 8:09 pm | Permalink

lucky my office got neslo to drink. hahaha…. and a lot biscuits

Reply: Woahhh paradise!!
    My office only has warm and cold water LOL

• April 9, 2009 - 8:51 pm | Permalink

wah…geng…
    my friend can zz with open eyes..
    that’s why he never kena caught napping in class :)

Reply: OMG!!!
    Master of sleeping!!! Sifu~~~

At most I can do is.. fan myself with a book while I’m sleeping..

• April 9, 2009 - 9:53 pm | Permalink

Use needle to poke yourself and stay awake. ~*LOL*~

Reply: Hahaha I don’t have a needle but I did..poked with my pen and it doesn’t work XD

• April 9, 2009 - 10:07 pm | Permalink

Eh so cute la ur comics

Lunch time that time take 5 mins nap la. Den ma wont sleepy?

Reply: Whenever I came back from lunch, its already 2pm @@
    Next time I try to have a shorter lunch break

• April 9, 2009 - 11:41 pm | Permalink

when all else fails, remember Mr Bean:

USE TOOTHPICKS TO KEEP EYE LIDS OPEN.

settled. LOL

Reply: LOL too bad I’m not as pro as him XD hahahaha

• April 10, 2009 - 12:05 am | Permalink

>_< very cute character..hehe..
    Don’t eat till you full, that’s the best way to avoid sleepy eyes..i guess..haha..

Reply: Sleepy and Hungry…I think I will choose to be sleepy then LOL XD

p/s: I hungry very fast XD

• April 10, 2009 - 12:41 am | Permalink

I would suggest you do the bogey dance ba. Confirm can wake up =))

Reply: Hahahaha My colleagues and bosses also will wake up XD

• April 10, 2009 - 3:26 am | Permalink

try getting a desk change. right next to your boss or in front of your boss’ room would help a lot

Reply: I’m actually sitting right in front of my boss XD
    and whenever he’s in his seat.. I will be awake..

but too bad he seldom in his place lol

• April 10, 2009 - 8:57 am | Permalink

such as reading manga and reading ur blog :D

Reply:There’s no internet connection @@
    and I usually don’t have time for other stuffs XD (even for toilets).

I don’t like the feeling to have
    works on my table.. so I usually will try to settle all of them but they just keep coming hahaha

• April 10, 2009 - 9:55 am | Permalink

As an experienced sleeper on the job, I’d have to give my most sincere advice.

Don’t fight it. Just sleep. Even my boss acknowledged my condition and asked to sleep in one corner in the meeting room if I have the urge to sleep again.

But then, that was my previous job. It was boring, that’s why I got sleepy. If your work’s interesting enough you won’t get sleepy anyhow.

If you really don’t want to sleep, find any reason to walk around, rather than trying to force yourself to work but fall asleep instead.

Woah your boss is good. Hahaha i do wish I could take a 5 min nap or something to get rid of the sleepiness..

Speaking of meetings, it gets uglier in there.. XD everyone is sleepy LOL (those who are not directly related to the topic of course)

• April 10, 2009 - 10:05 am | Permalink

haha… if your office wash room is clean, you can take your nap inside there.. = ))

The makcik cleans it up every morning 1 but it always gets dirty after lunch hour :(

• April 10, 2009 - 10:20 am | Permalink

haha…me to, i always sleep while do my drawing…

you should try this http://www.esempoi.com/tips-trick/cara-selamat-nak-tidur-di-pejabat/

Reply: Hahaha i fall asleep usually during graph plotting..
    the PC are slow with the response and giving the result .

• April 10, 2009 - 10:41 am | Permalink

hi there~ lol.. :)
    for me, whenever i feel sleepy, i sleep for 10 mins on
    lunch break, after that i’ll feel re-energized back. of course, i put 2-3 clock around me to make sure im wake up ^_^””

Reply: wahh so many clocks @@
    Next time I think I should go back office earlier and sleep

• April 10, 2009 - 1:03 pm | Permalink

Agree with Jonny; I also cannot stop myself sleeping and in the end told my boss and colleagues, and when I feel the nap coming I put my phone alarm for 20 mins or something and sleep at my desk… Next best is like akaneko – sleep before come back from lunch, in the car or even with my head propped on my hand at the table where I’ve eaten!

Reply: Hahaha I see I see..
    I think I really need to take a short nap during lunch hour so I wont be so sleepy during the evening..

• zephyros
    April 10, 2009 - 1:56 pm | Permalink

usually i’ll just get up and walk around. stretch a bit etc. usually helps

Reply: Haha I do stretch but it makes me more sleepier XD hahahaha

• RJ
    April 10, 2009 - 2:00 pm | Permalink

U MACAM REAL KUCING LA HAVE TO TAKE NAPS HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

i think right, u have to go toilet and pretend u pangsai and sleep on the toilet bowl. or go to building staircase, if ur staircase macam shopping complex one la…

Reply: Hmm staircase… maybe I should try that..

• April 10, 2009 - 2:18 pm | Permalink

drink cofi? if cofi no effect then green tea :D

Reply: Hahaha either one will works XD
    Coz when my mouth is working I’m not sleepy d XD

• April 10, 2009 - 2:56 pm | Permalink

hahahah!!! I usually hide inside toilet and sleep about 20-30 minutes…:P

Reply: Hahahah 30 minutes that’s pretty long XD

• April 10, 2009 - 4:23 pm | Permalink

Hmm.. for me i will try to have deep breathing and breath out for few times then shake my leg. It works for me when I’m having long hour for class in college but just a while only.. hahahahaha… But you can try it..

Reply: I got try deep breathing but the ‘wake’ only last a minute or 2 lol XD

In university, I usually sleep straight away even I’m in the first row.. The lecturers all knew XD and didn’t mind bout it. But usually I only take a 5-15 minutes only to clear away the sleepiness..

• April 10, 2009 - 4:54 pm | Permalink

miao~~~ so in love wit ur blog rite now!!! =D i was readin ur older post and found out ur workin in melaka izit??

haha keep up d gd work!! X3

Reply: Thank you~~~
    Yeah I’m working in melaka right now ^^

• April 10, 2009 - 5:42 pm | Permalink

LOL drink those ginseng see! hahah.

Reply: I never try it before wor..

• April 10, 2009 - 7:22 pm | Permalink

*rise up hand high up in the air*
    SAME HERE!!! XD

Got hot water provided rightt? Then put some lime or lemon slices in and add some sugar. ^^ You are kuching people sure know what is “san suan”/3 sour right? I think that helps,especially you squeeze all the sour juice out. Or like what some people said, take a nap in toilet. >.^

Good luck, don’t get caught yeaaa! =)

Reply : 3 sour For the Win!!! :D
    Anything to drink and eat makes me awake

p/s:I’m eating corn chips right now

• April 10, 2009 - 8:40 pm | Permalink

hohoho…sleep laaa…hide into the toilet oso can…hahaha

Reply: Hahaha if only the toilet is like the one in the hotels with music and aircon hahahaha

• Elaine
    April 10, 2009 - 10:40 pm | Permalink

drink something or eat something~ it helps… especially i’m awake for more than 24hrs… =P

Reply: Yeah I brought a bunch of snacks to work on Friday ^^

• April 11, 2009 - 11:15 am | Permalink

sleeping in the toilet is not a bad idea ;)
    honestly i’ve tried that before and it kinda work [provided your office got more than one toilet cubicle].
    if u slept abit too long, just come out acting like u are having a very bad stomachache. just frown and look unhappy. that will do. hahahha…

Reply: Hahahaha I will frown and unhappy :D but it wont be an act.. it will be the new added works on my table while I off to the toilet XD

• Elaine
    April 12, 2009 - 1:02 am | Permalink

I thought Friday is the day you get more energetic? coz the next day is saturday!!! off day~ yay~

Reply: Hahaha energetic when the end of office hour is near LOL

• April 17, 2012 - 4:22 pm | Permalink

hid in toilet and snooze for a while xD

REply: